1. Determine your delivery requirements
The first factor that you should consider when deciding which Calgary courier service to use is the type of product(s) that you need delivered and whether or not the courier company your interested in can accommodate it. Select Delivery Systems Incspecializes in same day service has a wide range of vehicles to accommodate various delivery requirements. Our minivans are perfect and cost effective for small deliveries such as envelopes, boxes, and miscellaneous goods that can fit inside. Our 3-ton and 5-ton enclosed trucks ranging up to 24 feet handle the skid work and other product too big for a minivan. While our flat deck takes care of product too difficult to load and offload in an enclosed truck. Such as heavy industrial pipe requiring a crane or forklift, or material over 7.5 feet tall.
It is also important that you know about any stipulations pertaining to your delivery so that you can relay it to the courier. In doing so, unforeseeable discrepancies will be minimized thus keeping costs down. Below is a list of some common factors that are often unconsidered or forgotten.
- food transportation requiring a reefer or freezer to maintain a specific temperature
- the need for a truck to have a power tailgate to offload a skid because there is no forklift or means of getting it off at the receivers end
- the transportation of dangerous goods requiring the appropriate documentation during travel
- fragile product such as glass requiring special handling
- hours of operation at the receivers end for businesses or knowing when a tenant at home will be available
- receiver contact information
2. Compare prices and levels of service
Probably one of the most significant factors influencing a customers decision is pricing, but you also want to make sure that quality service is provided. This will ensure your product gets delivered not only in a timely manner but also safely so that you don’t have to deal with any issues after the fact, such as damaged or misplaced product. Select Delivery Systems Inc offers competitive pricing with focus on providing fantastic customer service that you can rely on. We offer 5 levels of service within Calgary and the surrounding areas.
- Regular – delivery within a 4 hour time frame from when called in
- Rush – 2 hour time frame
- Direct – 1 hour time frame
- Super – immediate pickup and delivery
- Hotshot – delivery on a per km basis to out of town areas
3. Check company reviews and testimonies
Another important factor to look into before making a decision is whether or not the company is reputable. One of the best ways to do this is to check their company reviews. Past customers are a great way to gain insight on a company and are more likely to post a negative experience than a positive one. So if you see a courier company with a small number of bad reviews or none at all then its probably a good chance they provide good customer service. Another indication is the number of reviews and whether the organization responds to them or not. If they are numerous and someone is taking the time to respond to them then it shows that the company appreciates its customers and is taking continuous steps to provide reliable service.
Select Delivery Systems Inc has a number of positive reviews on various platforms. Below is a list with links to them.