It isn’t uncommon to hear of construction projects getting delayed because of late material shipments or transportation. Compared with other traditional shipments, construction materials are typically much heavier, costly, and can be incredibly fragile. Which means there’s that much more care required with the whole process.
Construction project managers need to take extra care when choosing a trucking company to manage their shipment loads. Past experience is a huge marker as shipments can vary from those fitting in traditional shipment vehicles, to extremely heavy and over-sized or odd-shaped materials. It’s imperative that you find a construction delivery company that understands the logistics of these types of loads and can ensure efficient and effective shipment of your materials.
How Select Delivery Systems Ensures A Safe-Shipment
Select Delivery Systems has over 40 years of combined experience in the Calgary courier and trucking service industry. We have experience shipping construction materials such as: pallets, large signs and printing supplies, HVAC products and furnaces, construction frames, plumbing supplies, heavy industrial equipment and piping, and more. Here are our key steps to ensure the safe and effective shipment of your construction materials:
- Create an inventory and schedule of what materials are included in the shipment and when the optimal delivery time will be
- Stay in contact with you during delivery or transportation to ensure you are updated and aware of progress
- Identify the most affordable and reliable options for each type of material you are delivering
- Ensure that a contingency plan is in place in the chance that there is an unexpected roadblock
- Proper loading and offloading of product to ensure no damages occur
Schedule your Construction Materials Pick-up and Delivery now. To learn more about our services and how we can make your delivery of construction materials stress free, contact us at (403) 225-6080.