In the past year, COVID-19 outbreaks have affected a number of industries, including the delivery service industry. There are several reasons for these outbreaks, including a lack of protective equipment and physically close workspaces.
Following strict safety measures does more than protect Select Delivery System’s staff. It protects everyone that our couriers come in contact with including their families, friends, and you – our client.
How Do We Maintain Safe Delivery Service?
- Minimize in-person contact. You can set up your order, track the delivery, and pay entirely over the phone. For even easier dispatch and payment, complete our online credit application.
- Following hygiene and safety measures like wearing protective face masks when doing deliveries and moving around the office. Regularly washing and disinfecting hands and high contact areas, and more.
- Prioritizing careful handling and delivery.
Is It Safe to Make Orders?
The World Health Organization stated that the risk of getting the virus via packages received through standard mail or courier delivery systems is low.
If you’re still worried about the possibility of contracting the virus from packages, you can follow some simple precautions:
- Wear PPE like a face mask or pair of gloves when receiving and opening delivered packages.
- Wash your hands immediately after opening or handling the package.
- If the package is plastic, you can wipe down the surface with disinfectant.
- If the delivery isn’t urgent, store it in a safe place (tucked away on your porch works) and wait 24 hours before handling.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about our delivery service and safety precautions during the pandemic. We’re always transparent about our operations and want you to have confidence in our services. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (403) 225-6080.